Poison Prevention Information!

Many pets are naturally curious so it's up to pet owners and those who care for pets to familiarize ourselves with common pet poisons and keep them out of reach.

Many foods commonly found in the kitchen are toxic for our pets. ALWAYS avoid giving your pets a taste of any of the following:

Chocolate, Xylitol (found in sugar-free gum & some peanut butter), Grapes, Raisins, Alcohol, Yeast dough, Caffeine, Onions, Macadamias, Mushrooms

If you believe your pet has ingested a poison, do not wait for signs to develop. Contact Swift Creek Animal Hospital at (804) 744-7222 Mondays through Thursdays from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Should your pet experience an emergency outside our regular hospital hours, we advise consulting:

Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center South
2460 Colony Crossing Place
Midlothian, VA 23112
(804) 744-9800

Animal Medical Center
3821 Fribble Way
Midlothian, VA 23112
(804) 639-3900.

Veterinary Referral & Critical Care
1596 Hockett Rd
Manakin-Sabot, VA 23103
(804) 784-8722.

Veterinary Emergency & Specialty Center
3312 W Cary St
Richmond, VA 23221
(804) 353-9000

< Back To List of Breaking News Articles